Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


I wanted to offer my apologies to everyone who did not receive a Christmas card from us this year! You didn't get one because I didn't send any out! I have NEVER *not* sent out Christmas cards, but this year I have been so busy to the extreme! So, because I didn't want to leave any one out, I designed a greetings blog so you can get a Blog Christmas Card instead!


Lets see what we have been up to this year, in 2009!





Our year started off, just like every year, January 1st, 2009. It came in beautifully but quickly picked up speed. The kids got back into school and we started the second half of the school year, not only just for the kids, but for both Jeff and myself. Both parents in school is tricky and I don't wish to do that again!


In February, our oldest child, Matthew, turned TEN! WHERE has the time gone? Hmmm? I cant believe he is ten! Matthew is growing up and is starting to change in to a young man. He is getting so tall!
Matthew is finishing up his last year in Cub Scouts. He enjoys going out and being in service to others. It is so fun to see him helping out with community things, and he is such a good big brother!


We proceeded through the school year, very busy. That seems like the excitement of what we did, school.


Bethanie turned SEVEN in May. She is such a fun kid. She is still as attached to me as always, which I just love. She is a wonderful sister too. She had a Spring dance recital. She is such a beautiful ballerina (she also does tap and jazz).

On Mother's Day, our family was featured in the Salina Journal. We gave an interview about how our family deals with Autism. We have also gone to present an PowerPoint presentation, and will do more in January and February regarding Autism, and its effects on children. The link to the Salina Journal is: http://www.saljournal.com/news/story/Stormy-Mother-5-10 . We were also picked up my the Lawrence Journal World paper out of Lawrence Kansas as well as Autism News, which is an online magazine. Sharing info about autism has become a passion for us because it affects our son, who is on the high end of the spectrum with a condition known as Asperger's Syndrome.




Summer came, and it went pretty fast. I single parented through all of it because Jeff was finishing up three of his classes because he graduated in May with his Bachelor Degree in business, but he had to finish up classes to complete the program. HE WAS FINALLY DONE in early August. *HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF*!!!



We celebrated by going to Kansas City to Worlds of Fun (Fun park). Wow, we are way exciting people. :O)




We adopted a new member to our family. His name is Carlisle. He is a fun little guy (not so little). I worried what having a pet in the house would be like, but he has made it really easy to love and take care of. The kids (even Matthew) love him! Even though he likes to climb our Christmas tree (he found a way to be close to it without being in it and getting sprayed with a spray bottle).



Summer was over before I knew it. Literally right after Jeff finished up his classes, we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. Is it REALLY 18 years? It doesn't seem that long ago. I cant believe time flies by so fast, and we hardly even notice.

A couple of weeks later, the bad news came....I had to start yet another semester of classes. *SIGH AGAIN*. I am so ready to be DONE! This semester I took 16 hours. Elementary Algebra (which I had to drop), Western Civilization, Abnormal Psychology (upper level course), Marriages & Families, Personal and Community Health, PE. I tried Economics, but couldn't do that one either. LOL! I ended up going independent study in early November. We had to battle it out with the school system over one of our children. It was UGLY, so we pulled him out and started to home school him. It has been the BEST decision we have made. He is our happy kid again, who is reclaiming his love for learning again! The school system here nearly destroyed that in him. How sad! I cant say the staff was all bad, just one or two who didn't care. He has some really loyal people working with him, but it just was not enough. Sadly, this came it a terrible time, while I am in school. It was quite a struggle to plan his lessons, teach him during the day, stay up really late to get my work done, find time to go test or work out, but we persevered through and survived! I took my last final for this semester yesterday. I THINK I am still at a 4.0 GPA. I have not seen all my grades as of yet.


I have already enrolled in my next 12 hours of classes for the Spring semester. They will all be online courses so I don't have to go and sit in class. I will be nearly finished, with Algebra being the last class I will take. I cant focus on more than just Algebra. :O) Have you heard of DISCALCULEA???



So, Bethanie just performed in the Nutcracker for her ballet recital. This year she was a Toy Soldier. I think she was pretty cute. She was nervous this year, but who wouldn't be? I love that she loves dancing!



Madison just turned THREE! She isn't a baby anymore. I am grieving that one. She is so smart. Some of her favorite things are: Polly Pockets, Scooby-Doo, playing the WII and playing on the computer. DON'T even think about trying to help her. She HAS to do everything on her own. She will be following in her sister's footsteps next month by starting dance classes!



Well, I wanted to close by telling you that you are always in our thoughts and hearts through out the year! We hope that you have a really great Christmas and a fun and exciting New Year in 2010! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


If you are interested in following us through the year, click on the link above on the left called "A Day In The Life Of Ladysam. That is our main blog. Also, for some great and easy recipes (including my favorite holiday treats) click on Ladysam's Recipe Box!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment